Reflection











  I was fairly satisfied with how my genius hour turned out. I feel like I could have made it really good if I had had more time, but I definitely do not think it was bad. I think I could have gathered even more evidence to support my points if I had more time, and could have edited the video better. I think I will always continue to try to further my knowledge on space and will continue to love movies and TV shows about it. I think I probably should have made a clear conclusion video and explained all of the locations I recorded in. Overall, I really think I learned a lot from this project, and enjoyed it a lot.
    My sophomore year has really changed me as a person. It has helped me to grow more outgoing and to be less afraid to take risks. I do not think I would have been able to go record in these public places a few years ago and even last year, because I was fairly shy and did not really want my voice to be heard. With the mixed Pre-Ap and Leadership class I have learned how to collaborate and discuss with a variety of different people. I think that English class has shown that there are good ways to express your feelings to others, and that we do not need to keep everything bottled up inside. I have learned that leaving my comfort zone can help me learn. I have learned that I tend to get overwhelmed and worry rather than creating a plan of how to attack everything I need to get done. I need to fix this if I am going to attain my goal of getting all A’s in all my classes next year, including four AP classes.    Academically, I feel that I have learned a lot about English, especially writing. I think that in the past, none of my English teachers have shown us how to really write good essays, and told us the things that we need to fix as well as the things we did well. It sounds bad, but until this year, I was pretty terrible at writing essays. Although I am not amazing at it now, I have definitely improved and have a better idea of what I need to work on in my writing. I think the signposts have also helped me to understand them, even though I was not always very excited to do them. I have always just been told the themes and only had to find evidence of them in the passage or book we are reading. This year, I got a closer look at themes in various classic novels, and the deeper meanings behind their words.    I also loved all the independent reading activities we got to do, because with my schedule, I have very little time to read on my own outside of school just for fun. It gave me the excuse I needed to read books that I have been interested in reading for a long time. I really appreciated the 15 minutes during class dedicated to just reading. They helped me to relax, and helped me to stay caught up with everything, so I would not have to do a ton of reading at night after my extra curricular activities.    This summer, I am planning on doing lots of band stuff! The first week of summer, I am volunteering at a band camp for middle schoolers. The week after that, I am going to attend a band camp at UT Austin to be reunited with all my friends who live in Austin! At the end of July, I start leadership training for marching band, and the week after that, marching band starts! Hopefully I will have time to hang out with all my friends who are seniors since they will not be back in the fall.    This was a very good year for me! I hope it was the same for you! J 


Comments